Monday, June 24, 2013

You're The One That I Want

Cottage Ceiling Series - part 2


I was amazed when I read the comments on my last post. All my readers were picturing cottage ceilings the same way: beams and beadboard were the kind of ceiling everyone wanted.

Via House To Home
 En lisant les commentaires sur mon dernier article, j'ai été impressionnée par le fait que tout le monde semblait d'accord: un plafond de cottage, c'est d'abord des poutres apparentes. 

Via House To Home
You'll be really pleased with me, it's also the ceiling that I want, the only one I want for my cottage.

Via Country Home And Interiors
Eh, bien, je suis d'accord avec vous. J'adore le charme des poutres. Et c'est ce que je veux pour mon cottage.

Via House To Home
My very own ceiling still needs a little a lot of work, so I thought I could share some inspiration pictures with you.

Via House To Home
Mais comme cela va encore demander un peu de travail pour moi et un peu de patience pour vous, je vous propose aujourd'hui de parcourir avec moi mon fichier d'inspiration.


Via House To Home

So, now, I have two questions for you:
1) Do you have a favourite picture?
2) Do you have any tips for a blogger who can't feel her arms anymore from working on her ceiling?

Il me reste deux questions à vous poser:
1) Avez-vous une photo préférée?
2) Avez-vous des conseils à me donner pour retrouver l'usage de mes bras endoloris par le travail sur mon plafond?

A bientôt,

See you soon,

I'm sharing my inspiration with:
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home                Making the World Cuter                   My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

                                            

21 comments:

  1. 1) My favourite is the first one.
    2) You can lie down in the sofa and stare at your wonderful and beautiful ceiling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a lounger chair in the garden, and a large glass of rose?
    We painted our beams off white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all - really I do - but the first one - white?
    Yeah - that would be mine ( although not sure if that's too much maitenance )
    Leaving them natural means no painting in the future so tough call - but I just love
    them!!!!!!!!!!
    Your cottage is going to be out of this world beautiful Magali!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it fixed now Magali - why does this keep happening - soooo annoying!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all very nice, but I'd rather see pictures of YOUR cottage than over-stylized nonsense in a magazine.

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first one is my favourite. i'd recommend an epsom salts bath for your aches and pains.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love planking of any persuasion....I'm toying with a pale blue painted planking on our cathedral ceiling in the new house, with naturally stained beams as well. Can't wait to see your cottage ceiling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The very top picture reminds me of a cottage by the sea. But I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moi, j'aime bien les poutres blanches, ça agrandit et ça éclaircit mais il y a de très beaux plafonds à condition d'avoir une pièce de 150 m2... et pas un little white house...

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'aime bien l'avant dernière photo , ça fait très manoir .Quant aux bras , une petite greffe ne serait-elle pas la bienvenue ??? Sinon il faut déléguer sous surveillance , il n'y a que ça de vrai .
    Bisous . Babette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, oui, déléguer serait bien, si on pouvait faire confiance aux gens... Enfin, j'avoue, j'ai dû déléguer pour le ponçage!

      Delete
  11. It is going to be so pretty, but it so much work!

    We have had to slow down. Ceilings with nooks and crannies and texture are a lot of work.

    I love them all, but I especially love the first one, and the kitchen with the turquoise light fixture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. j'aime bien la 4
    et pour tes bras, à part du repos, je ne vois pas mieux!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alors, je me suis effectivement reposé les bras en passant la tondeuse hier. Du coup, j'ai mal au dos... Je vais recommencer à travailler sur le plafond, je crois!

      Delete
  13. The first photo is my favorite especially if we are thinking cottage style. I grew up in an island so this speaks to me more about a relaxed cottagy style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Photo n°2, j'adore! Et pour tes bras...continuer à faire de la muscu, tu manques d'entrainement (sourire).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pourtant, j'entraîne mes bras tous les weekends en portant des sacs pleins de choses trouvées en vide-greniers!

      Delete
  15. Hard to pick a favorite, but I would say the first and fourth if I had to choose. I love the all white but then I also love the natural wood on white! I can hardly wait to see which you go with. Your cottage is so sweet....I just love it!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that first photo. The light is so beautiful. Hot baths and massages will hopefully help all of those aching muscles, my friend. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course I love all of these and would very much at home in any of these spaces. I’m madly in love with the first photo, the white and vaulted ceiling is beautiful.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree with Emily. I love the first photo with the white vaulted ceiling.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete

It makes me so happy to read your comments! Let me know you stopped by!
J'adore lire vos commentaires. N'hésitez pas à vous joindre à cette discussion multi-lingue.